Located at 1003-1007 Farmington Avenue in West Hartford is this commercial building. It sits across the street from this one. Essentially a decorated box, the exterior is enlivened by original commercial signage, recessed storefronts, and a dark green plastic material applied in vertical strips on the upper story above a white base.
The building was constructed in 1954 and has housed S. K. Lavery Appliance Co. from the beginning. Vintage photographs on Lavery’s website show that relatively few changes have been made except the replacement of the original casement windows on the second floor and the comings and goings of other businesses besides Lavery. However the signage for the more recent businesses is in keeping with the historic look.