1608 K Street NW in Washington is The American Legion’s D.C. headquarters, although their national headquarters are actually in Indianapolis. The cornerstone of this building was laid in 1950 and the structure was completed and dedicated the next year by President Harry Truman. It was renovated in 1990.
The front facade has evenly spaced windows, while the side of the building has horizontal window ribbons, a feature of the international style. While primarily an undistinguished office tower, there is a large-scale sculpture of a soldier on the upper facade, created by sculptor Adolph Wolter.