Firehouse Engine Company 214 is one of the many mid-century fire companies built throughout the city. Here on a residential street in Bedford-Stuyvesant, it most likely replaced an older firehouse or residential property. It was built in 1958 and is affiliated with black architect Clinton S. Harris, who was in charge of design specifications for the city in the 1950s. It is unlikely that he designed the building, but was rather only internal design contact for city, but his name appears associated with numerous firehouses during this time.
Wilson, Dreck Spurlock, African American Architects: A Biographical Dictionary, 1865-1945, Routledge, 2004.