The Glenwood Jewish Center exists in a neighborhood largely devoid of a Jewish population today. The original building from 1953 is an extremely plain, utilitarian design of brick and today houses a church.
The neighboring addition however is both striking and currently abandoned. Designed in 1958 by architect Milton F. Kirchman, the building originally held classrooms and an auditorium. It is clad in beige bricks with blue brick accents. The entrance is fronted by a concrete canopy of arches ending in blue brick piers. Kirchman did apartment buildings and police precincts in Manhattan and at least one other Jewish Center in Brooklyn, the Madison Jewish Center addition of 1955.
With a declining population, the Glenwood Jewish Center closed in the early 1990s. In 1992 the remaining funds, commemorative plaques, and most interestingly–the actual name–were transferred to Israel where now a Glenwood Jewish Center continues to exist.