The City Church is next door to Seattle Labor Temple, featured in our last post. It is fitting because this building was originally the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 46 Union Hall. It was renovated in 2005 for City Church, a large local religious organization.
The design of the building is more of the 1940s stripped classicism similar to the Seattle Labor Temple and the Seattle First National Bank branches. The entrance is the central element with a convex facade of large walls of glass and minimalist concrete columns and framing. The two side wings are square with fairly typical casement windows. The building was built in 1949 by Harmon & Detrich, which became the more prominent Harmon, Pray & Detrich later.