The Rego Park Jewish Center is a transitional modern structure dating from 1948. The architects were Frank Grad and Sons, noted for their extensive work in Newark and other parts of New Jersey. They also did some other notable New York buildings such as Essex House in Manhattan. The longstanding firm closed in 2010, victims of the faltering economy.
Above the entrance doors is a colorful mosaic by the artist A. Raymond Katz. The interior is equally engaging and includes several stained glass windows by Katz. Views of the sanctuary can be seen here. The building is listed on the New York State and National Registers of Historic Places and seems to be well cared for and appreciated by its congregation.