New Quincy, a component of the larger Quincy House complex, was designed in 1958-59 by the Boston firm of Shepley, Bulfinch, Richardson, and Abbott. The firm also designed Leverett Towers nearby. New Quincy is a more modest height (eight stories including a rooftop setback) than its neighbor, although it still looms over many of its older neighbors. It runs along Mt. Auburn and Dewolfe Streets, with the main entrance actually on Mill Street.
The complex includes an elevated house library, a similar solution to what Shepley Bulfinch used at Leverett, although Quincy’s building is faced in a more traditional brick. There is also a two-story dining commons along Mt. Auburn with an interesting roofline, floor to ceiling windows, and an interior mural by Constantino Nivola that it seems is not beloved.