The moderne Knights of Columbus Printing Plant was built in 1954, a late date for a structure in that style. It is tucked away behind the New Haven Police headquarters on W. Water Street and S. Orange Street. The entrance is actually off the parking lot on Water St. In the distance above the loading dock, one can see the Knights of Columbus Headquarters, a renowned modern highrise by Roche-Dinkeloo.
Thanks to reader Gregg B., new information has emerged on this building. Gregg discovered that the building was designed by the defunct New Haven firm of Caproni Associates. Gregg sent in the image below, from a promotional brochure the firm published around 1955.