This new community bank is located at the corner of Whalley Avenue and Sherman Parkway in New Haven. The building was built in 1956 for Tradesmen National Bank by the Bank Building and Equipment Corporation of America, who designed hundreds of banks across the country. The architect of record for the corporation wasCharles Jost.
The building remains very intact with a brick exterior, masonry detailing and a wall of windows on the east side of the building. However the graduated green and blue coloring on the enamel paneling above and below the windows and on the side of the entrance tower was added by the bank. Streetview shows the previous tenant to be a Century 21 office and the panels were a light blue, more likely the original 1950s color.