This is Fierman Hall at 313-317 East 17th Street, which originally housed the school of nursing for the Beth Israel Medical Center complex. The building was built between 1963-1966 by Schuman & Lichtenstein, a firm founded in 1941, which changed its name in the mid-60s and eventually morphed into the present day SLCE Architects. According to NYC building records, the firm designed dozens of apartment buildings starting in the 1950s as well as the severe Temple Israel in 1964 on East 75th Street, and most unusually a “model home” for the Greyhound Building Corp. in 1953.
Almost all of their buildings are bland enough to miss, but Fierman Hall has a more engaging facade including a masonry screen at ground level. Several buildings at Beth Israel date from this era and seem largely untouched, at least on the exterior.