Known as the Catholic Center at NYU and Holy Trinity Chapel, this hulking building at 58 Washington Square South was not terribly well liked by passerby, at least according to new reports. Still, it is guaranteed that NYU will build something much worse and the small, compact building will be missed for its simple lines and recessed stained glass. Designed between 1961 and 1964 by Eggers and Higgins, who also designed the Brooklyn War Memorial and the largest building at the 1939 NY World’s Fair, this one was towards the end of their career as they changed names in 1970. A rather negative eulogy of sorts can be found here. And below is another picture of the building boarded up and awaiting demolition.